Website International Archaeology, LLC
Company: International Archaeology, LLC (IA)
Position Title: Archaeology Project Director
Position Status: Full-time, Exempt
Location: Honolulu, Hawai‘i
International Archaeology, LLC is an equal opportunity employer that provides a full range of archaeological and cultural resource management services to private businesses; federal, state, county, and territorial government and Defense Department agencies; educational institutions; and individuals. Our experienced staff of archaeologists and cultural preservation professionals have an outstanding record of achievements. We provide services to clients throughout Hawai‘i, the Pacific Basin, and East Asia, from our main office in Honolulu, and a branch office in Guam that serves the Mariana Islands and locations throughout Micronesia. IA is committed to serving our community, and one of the main aims of our work is stewardship of cultural resources – ensuring they will be available for future generations.
Job Description and Responsibilities
- Seeking a full-time, Project Director, to support work in Hawai‘i and the greater Pacific. The position is classified as Exempt and will be based in our Honolulu office. The primary day-to-day responsibilities will be directing and providing oversight for multiple archaeological projects simultaneously, corresponding with clients, overseeing field staff, managing project data, coordinating laboratory analysis, and report writing.
- Serve as the lead or secondary author on archaeological reports
- A good sense of organization, problem-solving abilities, interpersonal skills, a strong determination to maintain project schedules, and a willingness to work as part of a team
- Frequent travel and work outdoors to conduct fieldwork or site visits, supervise archaeology crews, and assist with on-site training of field staff. Fieldwork often requires heavy physical work, sometimes on rugged terrain, and exposure to dirt, heat, and/or loud construction noises.
- Project work primarily on O‘ahu, though working on other Hawaiian Islands and in other parts of the Pacific is required.
Required Education and Experience
- A graduate degree with specialization in archaeology or in a related field
- A minimum of two years of project management and CRM experience required. Pacific Islands or Asian archaeology experience and bioarchaeological experience will be viewed favorably
- Must have a valid U.S. passport and U.S. REAL ID driver’s license, and must be able to pass a background check for access to military installations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe software, and digital field technologies (e.g., tablet and GPS)
Compensation and Benefits
- Annual starting salary range is $70,000 to $80,000 commensurate with position and experience of the applicant
- Round-trip airfare and partial relocation compensation provided for an off-island hire
- Exceptional PPO healthcare plan. 100% premium covered by employer, 10-20% coinsurance, Vision included, and Active & Fit discounts
- Dental insurance
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and federal holidays
- Retirement plan with employer matching
- Flexible schedule and opportunity for hybrid in-office and remote work from home
- Paid parental leave program after one year of employment
- Financial support for conferences, training, and independent research to invest in the professional development of our staff
Please submit a letter of interest, résumé (including three references), and writing samples to TRieth@iarii.org and BusinessOffice@iarii.org. Closing date: open until filled.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org