Website International Archaeology, LLC
Company: International Archaeology, LLC (IA)
Position Title: Archaeology Field Technician
Position Status: Full-time temporary (6 month) and as-needed (Non-Exempt)
Location: Hawai‘i and Micronesia
International Archaeology, LLC is an equal opportunity employer that provides a full range of archaeological and cultural resource management services to private businesses; federal, state, county, and territorial government and Defense Department agencies; educational institutions; and individuals. Our experienced staff of archaeologists and cultural preservation professionals have an outstanding record of achievements. We provide services to clients throughout Hawai‘i, the Pacific Basin, and East Asia, from our main office in Honolulu, and a branch office in Guam that serves the Mariana Islands and locations throughout Micronesia. IARII is committed to serving our community, and one of the main aims of our work is stewardship of cultural resources – ensuring they will be available for future generations.
Job Description and Responsibilities
- IA is seeking multiple full-time temporary (6 month) and as-needed Field Technicians to support work throughout Hawai‘i and Micronesia. Project work will primarily be in Hawai‘i, though working in other parts of the Pacific is required.
- For full-time temporary positions, the term may be extended as company needs and individual performance warrant.
- The work will include archaeological monitoring, survey, and excavation. The position requires work experience and skills sufficient to independently recognize surface and subsurface archaeological remains, assess the type of work needed to appropriately perform field documentation of the remains, and to efficiently carry out such documentation, which includes maintaining organized and comprehensive written records.
Required Education and Experience
- Applicants must have a B.A. or M.A. degree in anthropology with specialization in archaeology or a degree in a related field.
- A minimum of two years of archaeological experience is required; archaeological experience in the Pacific is preferred though not required.
- Must have a valid U.S. passport and U.S. REAL ID driver’s license, and must be able to pass a background check for access to military installations.
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is required.
Compensation and Benefits
- Starting wage is between $22-$25/hour, commensurate with experience.
- Round-trip airfare, per diem, housing at no charge, and use of a company vehicle when traveling off O‘ahu Island.
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and federal holidays after 90 days of employment (for full-time positions)
Please submit a letter of interest and résumé (including three references) to TRieth@iarii.org and Businessoffice@iarii.org. Closing date: open until filled.
To apply for this job email your details to TRieth@iarii.org