About the opportunity
Do you thrive in the pursuit of ensuring excellence in environmental consulting services for your clients? SWCA Environmental Consultants is expanding their team and looking for dynamic individuals who are following their passion in delivering the highest-quality project work.
SWCA Environmental Consultants has an opening for a Temporary As Needed Archaeological Field Technician to work on projects on the island of O`ahu, as well as other Hawaiian Islands as needed. The individual selected must live on O`ahu. The position is temporary and work is dependent on project needs
What you will accomplish
Successful applicants must be able to conduct archaeological fieldwork including survey, test excavation, data recovery, and monitoring, and to undertake archival research and data analyses.
Experience and qualifications for success
• A Bachelor’s Degree in anthropology, archaeology, or a closely related field or six (6) months archaeological field experience.
• Must live on the island of O`ahu.
• An accredited Field School Certification is preferred.
• Experience with a wide range of field methodologies, including archaeological survey, test excavation, and monitoring.
• Hawaii field experience preferred.
• Current valid driver’s license and the ability to safely operate a 4wd vehicle on rugged, back country roads.
• Ability to pass a Motor Vehicle background screening.
• Ability to travel to a location, walk, and conduct fieldwork for long hours, sometimes in inclement weather, rugged terrain, often at high altitudes, and the ability to carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 40 pounds.
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-828-8517. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.
EOE – women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Upcoming Out of Office: Friday March 26th
Laura Patriarca-Troyk, MA | she, her, hers
Talent Acquisition Partner
SWCA Environmental Consultants
San Diego, CA