SEARCH is the largest archaeology and cultural resources management company in the world, and SEARCH2O is the largest underwater archaeology program. Specializing in mega infrastructure projects and emergency response on land and water, SEARCH delivers high capacity cultural resource services directly to every region in the US and globally. Since 1993, SEARCH has completed more than 3,500 projects across 44 US States and 37 countries spanning five continents and three oceans. Commercial and government customers in the Energy & Power, Defense, Federal, Transportation, and Development markets have selected SEARCH for more than $300M in Prime contracts and $2.3B in Team contracts. We specialize in the full spectrum of cultural services related to Archaeology, Maritime Archaeology, Architectural History, History, Archives, Collections Management, Museum Services, GIS, Documentary Media, and Public Affairs.
SEARCH has an immediate opening for a full-time Archaeologist to join our terrestrial division in support of multiple cultural resources projects located predominantly on the Island of Guam; travel throughout the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands and potentially worldwide, may be required. This position will consist of archaeological fieldwork across variable terrain. Additional tasks may include archaeological monitoring, historical research, preservation activities, report preparation, and curation of archaeological artifacts.
• Bachelor’s degree in Archaeology, Anthropology or a related field;
• Master’s degree in Archaeology, Anthropology or a related field is preferred;
• At least three (3) years of experience in cultural resource management with work and/or educational experience within the Marianas and/or Pacific Region;
• Ability to meet deadlines while remaining detail-oriented, organized, and able to work well on simultaneous tasks;
• Competence in taking detailed and relevant project notes;
• Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Ability to work independently with general supervision; and
• Ability to multi-task on several different projects independently and on a team.
This position will be based out of SEARCH’s Guam office and may require extended travel. SEARCH is not able to provide relocation assistance for candidates.
The chosen candidate will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and a criminal background check. Applicants needs to be eligible to be employed in the United States and able to receive government security clearances. SEARCH offers a competitive total compensation package with strong health & wellness and retirement plans.