Project Archaeologist – Hawaiʻi
Garcia and Associates (GANDA) is seeking a Project Archaeologist/Project Director to support projects in the Pacific Region. The individual will assist in project management, fieldwork, directing and mentoring other staff, and business development. The position is based primarily in our Hawai‘i office, with project travel to neighbor islands and elsewhere in the Pacific (e.g., Guam and the Northern Marianas). Hawai‘i or other Pacific Island experience is strongly preferred.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Direct, conduct, and oversee fieldwork (e.g., survey, data recovery, construction monitoring); author and review reports; coordinate regulatory consultation; develop and implement research designs, work plans, agreement documents; coordinate with clients; monitor project budgets; and assist with marketing and proposal development.
- Work closely with other archaeologists, biologists, and environmental planners.
- Provide technical guidance to junior staff.
- Provide a strong work ethic and commitment to technical and professional excellence.
Requirements and Qualifications
- MA/MS in Archaeology, Anthropology, or closely related field.
- Meets the Secretary of the Interior’s Professional Qualification Standards for Archaeology.
- Minimum 5 years of progressive experience managing and directing cultural resources projects in the Pacific Region.
- Experience in successful coordination and report approval with state and federal agencies.
- Excellent interpersonal communication, strong work ethic, and attention to detail.
- The ability to work closely with clients and other technical specialists as part of a larger combined project team.
- Familiarity with digital field technology (Trimble GPS) and GIS applications and software.
- Technical report and proposal writing experience.
- Ability to travel to remote locations.
- Ability to work outdoors and traverse rugged terrain for extended periods in all weather conditions.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Successful candidates will be familiar with a fast-paced consulting environment and will help to develop effective solutions to both expected and unexpected project challenges.
- Candidates specializing in human/non-human osteology are encouraged to apply.
About Garcia and Associates
At Garcia and Associates, we value the diversity of our employees and the creativity they bring to projects from their broad perspectives and experiences. We offer a collaborative work environment and a compensation package that includes competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package. Garcia and Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
GANDA is committed to a safe work environment. We each have a responsibility to meet this commitment by following GANDA’s safety and HR procedures, as well as applicable laws designed to promote workplace safety.
To apply for this position, send a letter of interest with employment qualifications and a resume to: Cacilie Craft email@example.com.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law. Garcia and Associates is a background screening, drug-free workplace.