Archaeological Field Technician – Hawaiʻi
Garcia and Associates (GANDA) is seeking On-Call (Temporary) Archaeological Field Technicians for archaeological surveys and monitoring in various locations. The position is based in our Hawai‘i office with primary work occurring on O‘ahu, although project opportunities may be available on neighbor islands and elsewhere in the Pacific (e.g., Guam and the Northern Marianas). Hawai‘i or other Pacific Island experience is strongly preferred.
Responsibilities and Qualifications
The responsibilities and qualifications for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Perform basic archaeological recording tasks (e.g., mapping and preparing thorough written documentation and measured stratigraphic profiles
- Ability to independently recognize archaeological resources in the field
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and hike long distances in rugged conditions
- Excellent interpersonal communication and attention to detail
- Strong writing skills and clarity in notetaking
- Ability to communicate efficiently and respond quickly while working in the field
- Familiarity with digital field technology (Trimble GPS) and GIS applications and software
- Bachelor’s degree in Anthropology
- Must have a satisfactory driving record and complete a background check
About Garcia and Associates
At Garcia and Associates, we value the diversity of our employees and the creativity they bring to projects from their broad perspectives and experiences. We offer a collaborative work environment and a compensation package that includes competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package. Garcia and Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
GANDA is committed to a safe work environment. We each have a responsibility to meet this commitment by following GANDA’s safety and HR procedures, as well as applicable laws designed to promote workplace safety.
To apply for this position, send a letter of interest with employment qualifications and a resume to: Cacilie Craft email@example.com.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law. Garcia and Associates is a background screening, drug-free workplace.