Archaeological Supervisor Position Available IMMEDIATELY
Pacific Legacy, Inc. is a Cultural Resources Management firm dedicated to providing quality archaeological and cultural resource management services. We help our clients navigate through the regulatory compliance processes and provide an integrated historic preservation program to assist in overall planning — from design to mitigation. Pacific Legacy has an immediate opening in our Kailua, O‘ahu (Hawai‘i) office for an Archaeological Supervisor.
- Masters or PhD in Anthropology/Archaeology/CRM, preferably with a focus on the prehistoric or historical archaeology of the Pacific;
- Five years prior experience supervising CRM projects;
- Demonstrable knowledge of federal, state and local laws, ordinances, and regulations applicable to cultural resources (e.g., Section 106, National Environmental Policy Act, Archaeological Resources Protection Act, Native American Graves Protection and Repatriation Act, HRS Chapter 6E;
- Technical writing skills and experience preparing cultural resource technical reports;
- Must have a valid driver’s license and ability to drive project vehicles; and
- Experience working for federal land managing and regulatory agencies is a plus.
The ideal candidate has the ability to:
- Supervise, coordinate and provide direction to project team members;
- Manage budgets and project tasks, and ability to prepare proposals;
- Manage multiple projects at once with attention to detail;
- Successfully meet project budgets and scheduling requirements;
- Research, write and analyze archaeological data sufficient to produce high quality reports;
- Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access. A working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator is a plus;
- Collect and process GPS data. Ability to use a GIS application such as Arc View is a plus;
- Conduct Native Hawaiian consultation; and
- Work in remote areas with rough terrain and changing weather conditions for extended field sessions that may involve camping.
Compensation: Salary determined based on experience. Pacific Legacy offers excellent employment benefits.
Please send a cover letter outlining your experience and a current resume with references to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the mailing address below. Pacific Legacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pacific Legacy, Inc.
Attn: Samantha Schell
900 Modoc Street
Berkeley, CA 94707