Archaeological Field Technician
SWCA Environmental Consultants has an opening for an Archaeological Field Technician to work on projects throughout the Hawaiian Islands. The individual selected must live in the State of Hawaii. Our Honolulu office offers a unique work environment and specializes in natural and cultural resource management, environmental planning, and regulatory compliance.
The position is temporary and work is dependent on project needs. Upcoming projects include a multi-week survey project on the island of Maui. Successful applicants will be able to commit to at least four weeks of fieldwork on Maui, anticipated for late spring / early summer 2018.
What you will accomplish:
The selected Field Technician will:
- Conduct archaeological fieldwork including monitoring, survey, testing, and data recovery.
- Assist with mapping responsibilities in the field, including collection of GPS data using Trimble units running ArcPad software, as well as tablet computers.
Education & Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in anthropology, archaeology, or a closely related field or six (6) months field experience with a range of field methodologies, including survey, testing, excavation, and monitoring required.
- Must live in the State of Hawaii, Maui based applicants are preferred.
- Six months experience working as a field archaeologist in Hawaii required.
- An accredited Field School Certification is preferred.
- Experience with a wide range of field methodologies, including archaeological survey, testing, excavation, methodology and monitoring required
- Knowledge of ArcPad is a plus.
- Current valid driver’s license and the ability to safely operate a 4wd vehicle on rugged, back country roads required.
- Ability to travel to a location, walk and conduct fieldwork for long hours, sometimes in inclement weather, rugged terrain, often at high altitudes, and ability to carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 40 pounds is required.
- Ability to stay on neighbor islands for weeks at a time conducting fieldwork, potentially with breaks of more than one week between field sessions.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply on our website: https://careers-swca.icims.com/jobs/10196/archaeological-field-technician/job.
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms. To learn more about our organization, log onto: www.swca.com.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-828-8517. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.
EOE – women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.